Long-Term Care Discussion & Candle Making - Women, Wine & Wealth - April 26th
April 5, 2023
Please join us on Wednesday, April 26th from 4:00-5:30 PM at AR Workshop for Allied's next Women, Wine & Wealth event.
Join us for an informative panel discussion focused on frequently asked questions around aging, caregiving and long-term care planning. We're certain you'll find this topic informative, whether it be planning for yourself or as you navigate the realities and challenges of caregiving for your own family members.
While it's not a topic that we may like to think about, someone turning 65 in America today has almost a 72% chance of needing some type of long-term care in their remaining years.
We'll be joined by special guests sharing their expertise in this space - Vanessa Bucklin with PCI Conrad and Denise Armstrong, retired Executive Director of Big Sky Senior Services. We'll answer some of these questions -
- Can I rely on my retirement nest egg to provide for long-term care resources?
- What are the average costs of care in Billings and across the state?
- What different options exist in terms of paying for care?
- Do I need long-term care insurance and can I afford it?
- What about Medicaid or Medicare, do they cover the cost of long-term care or in-home services?
- What community services are available to allow me or a family member to remain in our home as long as possible?
As women, we often are the primary caregivers of our families and live longer than our male counterparts, so we feel like this is an especially relevant and pertinent topic. Becoming informed about your options or your care later in life is a invaluable gift you can give to your family.
Of course, we'll enjoy a fun activity as well. Join us at AR Workshop - a new boutique DIY studio in Billings, where we'll make and create our own scented candle.
As always, you are welcome to bring a guest or two. Please plan to RSVP by Monday, April 24th to [email protected] or by contacting our office at (406) 839-2037. We hope to see you there!